- ‘Digital Transformation Law’, includes the creation of the National Crypto Asset Council (CNC) for advisory purposes and facilitate digital transformation.
- The leading opposition party, Partido Popular (PP), introduced the bill to bring innovation in different industries by using emerging technologies.
- The proposition plans to permit proprietors to pay mortgages with crypto and approve the real estate sector to utilize their cryptocurrency for mortgage purchases.
- Spanish banks would be able to use blockchain facilities to manage mortgages and insurance. The bill proposes to provide tax and patent benefits to the companies involved in the crypto and blockchain industry in Spain.
- CNC will bring coordination among representatives from the Directorate General of the Treasury, the National Securities Market Commission, and the Bank of Spain.
Related: CoinJar collaborates with Mastercard to provide Australia’s first Bitcoin Card
New to Crypto? Enroll in Cryptocurrency Course at Todayq Education